How to Use CBD / DIY CBD Recipes
As interest in CBD products continues to soar among the natural health community, and so do the ways to use CBD. There are many forms of CBD that can be used in everyday applications. Different formulations of CBD include CBD oil, CBD flowers, CBD distillate, CBD isolate, which one of the purest forms of CBD.
Because of the many different types of CBD on the market, there is an endless array of products available that use CBD – from tinctures and lotions and many varieties of edibles. Learning how to use CBD and form of using CBD that’s right for you can be a fun process. It allows you to experiment so that you can enjoy the experience and purported health benefits of CBD in a way that’s right for you.
Different ways to use CBD
If you are new to CBD or just now beginning your journey, rest assured that you will find an ideal way to consume it. Many people develop a personal preference for a specific form of CBD after they’ve sampled different options. Here are some of the more popular ways to use CBD.
Smoking and/or Vaping CBD
Smoking or vaping CBD allows the CBD to enter the bloodstream immediately. That’s why you feel the effects of CBD much sooner when you smoke or inhale it than when you use it in other ways. In about 10 minutes, you will absorb roughly 34 to 56 percent of CBD.
CBD flower can be used to smoke CBD. It can be rolled into a joint or smoked through a pipe. If you prefer oils to flower, using a vaporizer with a CBD oil cartridge is an option for you. CBD waxes can also be inhaled with a vape pen or bong that heats the wax before you inhale it.
While smoking CBD can create a fast acting effect of CBD, it does have the potential to be one of the riskier methods of consuming CBD. The combustion created by smoking has the potential to expose you to unhealthy compounds. While vaping mitigates some of the risks, it can still cause irritation to the respiratory system. Because of these risks, many people have turned to different methods of consuming CBD that provide the same benefits.
An alternative way to use CBD is through a topical solution. Topical CBD solutions are applied directly to skin in the form of a lotion or gel. Topicals are often used to provide pain relief to a specific part of the body or bring down inflammation on the surface of the skin for conditions like acne or eczema.
If using a topical solution, you’ll want to make sure that the product is very potent. A topical CBD product that is high in CBD will allow the CBD to penetrate the skin and address the root of the issue. Choose a topical product that is high in CBD concentrate and apply generously.
Sublingual CBD Products
If you want to avoid preservatives or additives you may want to try a sublingual CBD product. Sublinguals are designed to be placed under the tongue in the form of lozenges, oils or sprays. Results from sublinguals are usually felt faster and these types of products preserve more of the CBD content than when fully ingesting CBD.
If you’re looking for a different way to consume CBD, edibles are a great option. CBD edibles can take the form of any “food” item, ranging from lollipops to salad dressings. CBD edibles have a more delayed effect but they do tend to last longer since food must first be digested and metabolized by the liver before CBD is released into the bloodstream. You can shop for CBD edibles with different dosage levels of CBD or you can even make your own.
DIY CBD Recipes
Because there are so many forms of CBD, people have become creative in finding ways to use it. With the right ingredients, you can make virtually any kind of CBD product on your own. Below are some recipes that detail how to use bulk CBD oil, nano or water-soluble CBD, CBD terpenes, CBD distillate and CBD flower. Try the ones that appeal to you and even add your own twist to it.
CBD Flower Butter
For a light-tasting herb butter, you can use CBD flower.
- First, you’ll need to soak the flower in water.
- Remove any excess water from the flower. You can do this by patting it dry with a paper towel or using a salad spinner.
- To further dry your CBD flower, preheat your oven to 240℉ and bake the flower for about 60 – 90 minutes – until completely dry.
- Next, infuse your CBD with butter. You can do this by melting butter with your dried CBD flower and straining the flower and stems from the melted butter.
- Once the butter has solidified, it’s ready to be consumed!
CBD Distillate Soothing Lotion
Because CBD topicals must have higher levels of CBD in order to work effectively, CBD distillate is a great formulation to use when making your own soothing lotion.
- Choose a lotion or menthol rub that you enjoy.
- Measure the desired CBD dosage of CBD distillate.
- Measure out how much menthol or capsaicin you’d like to use for extra pain relief. (optional)
- Add the CBD distillate and menthol/capsaicin to your lotion and mix thoroughly.
- Find a glass container with a tight-fitting lid to store your CBD lotion.
CBD Isolate-Infused Guacamole
CBD isolates have grown very popular in the use of savory dishes. CBD isolates pair well with many other food flavors and gives your guacamole the kick it needs.
- Take your desired number of avocados and mash them with a fork in a mixing bowl.
- Add other ingredients and spices to the mashed avocado. Our recipe recommends lime juice, cayenne pepper, cumin, jalapeno, cilantro, onions, garlic, and tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Stir in your desired amount of CBD isolate and mix to combine.
- Before serving, cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
CBD Tincture-Infused Mint Julep Cocktail
Mixologists have been experimenting with CBD cocktails for some time, and it has grown to become an art form in the mixology world. For this simple Mint Julep cocktail recipe, you will need bourbon, simple syrup, 6 Cannabis leaves and 2 mint leaves, and your CBD tincture. Or, if you prefer, you can use all mint leaves.
- Combine the leaves and simple syrup by muddling the two together in a chilled julep or rocks glass
- Add 2 ½ ounces of bourbon to the mixture and top with ice.
- Add the amount of CBD tincture you desire. Swizzle around and top with more ice.
- Use your extra cannabis and mint leaves for garnish.
CBD Oil-Infused Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Incorporation of CBD Oils into baked goods has risen in popularity. CBD oils mix well in many different kinds of cookies and cakes. To make these CBD oil-infused Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars you will need ½ cup butter, ½ cup sugar, 90mL melted CBD coconut oil, 1 cup flour, 1 tbsp coconut flour, 1 tsp cinnamon powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 large egg, 1 tsp baking soda and ¾ cup chocolate chips.
- Preheat your oven to 350 ℉.
- Spray a baking sheet with a non-stick cooking spray and line the sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients and then slowly, using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture onto your baking sheet and bake for 20-25 mins until golden brown.
- Allow time to cool before serving.
Nano/Water-Soluble CBD Baked Bread
Water-soluble or Nano CBD has become a popular form of incorporating CBD into your food. This CBD bread recipe calls for 2 cups of flour, 3 – 4 tablespoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 2-3 tablespoons of yeast, 1½ cups of warm water (80 – 100 ℉.) and about 200mg of nano CBD.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour and sugar.
- Place ½ cup of the warmed water in a glass and add the yeast, letting sit for about 30 minutes.
- Add the yeast and water solution into the flour and sugar mixture and knead. The mixture will be clumpy.
- Mix in the remaining 1 cup of water a few tablespoons at a time while still kneading. Knead until the mixture forms into a ball, has a stretchy texture, and doesn’t stick to the side of the bowl. *if yours becomes soft and sticky, add a little flour so that it thickens up
- Add the salt and Nano CBD to the mixture
- Cover and store in a warm area for about 30-45 minutes and let the bread rise.
- Once the dough has risen, knead for 5 minutes.
- Place the dough into a flour-dusted baking pan and let stand for 45 minutes to allow it to continue rising.
- Place in an oven set at 300 degrees and bake for about 45 minutes. Allow to cool 20 minutes before serving.
Want to Get Started Making Your Own CBD Products? Contact Oil Well CBD Today!
Making your own, personalized CBD products isn’t complicated. All you need are reliable, high-quality CBD ingredients. Oil Well CBD sells superior CBD that’s third-party tested for accuracy and CBD dosage. It’s also safe to use and very affordable. We are inspired by our innovative customers, and would love to hear what kinds of products you have in mind. Call or email us to find out how we can spark your creativity.